My MacBook Pro serves me well but I really wanted something with a little more horsepower, and the laptop’s always hooked up to 100 things so its not so easy to pick it up and move around. I’ve been looking at prices and options for a while and nothing’s struck my fancy until I saw the Intel Sandy Bridge 2600k processor. Easily overclocked and a good system only ran about $1000 with a hot new hard drive and reasonable graphics.
This is the system I bought and a picture:
- Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
- ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
- MSI N460GTX CYCLONE 1GD5/OC GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
- Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5″ Internal Hard Drive